Monday, May 12, 2008

Stars in the Sky

I peered into my telescope and looked at the sky
The millions of dots captured my starry eye
I loosened my tie, and let out my favorite war cry
On identifying the shapes between the dots as time let fly

I imagined the stars engage into a conversation
Trying to understand and assess the human condition
For a moment I began to draw up a series of hypothesis
About the travel between stars that eventually found no basis

I imagined the stars twinkle at one another,
A policeman capture them in the act of winking at one another,
The stars pleading to them that it is their predisposition,
The policeman mentioning that they can’t let loose their emotion

I imagined the stars revolving around one another,
The one in the centre feeling good being the centre of attraction
The revolving stars eyeing for a piece of attention,
The one in the centre eyeing the right one resulting in fatal attraction

I imagined the stars observing the sudden flashes from earth
And chuckling that the one-time blasts could cause them no hurt
They were the undisputed emperors of the universe
And a walk on the ramp always evoked open eyed stares

The stars eyed the planet, they rarely ever met,
The rules were set, how much ever one begins to fret,
They were light years away, and would need a new invention,
To explain their world and the genesis of creation

No comments: