Saturday, July 12, 2008

Second Childhood

I never did think about my ordained second childhood
As I rushed through life multi-tasking as I frequently would
I had mo time to brood, as I went about earning for my food
I had no time left for anything that I considered dead wood

I was constantly on my toes as I imagined and bought my dream house
Reminding myself of marriage vows to live and adjust with my spouse
The house was always on fire, with children making demands
Despite the best behavior, many a time I had to self reprimand

The challenges of finding the right balance
The courage to take and live up the tough stance
The future of my children was my only vision
As I desired for them a destiny with no sense of rejection

The pretense that I had to put with people lacking depth
As their daily actions literally shook me off my breath
I imagined a situation when I could lay the final wreath
On the superficial aspects in life, the only truth of which is death

As the moments passed, so did life seem to have passed by
There are times now in my life when I take a deep sigh
The little matters that I held deep within my head and heart
Are ones that I know with me will forever part

There is not much time to have any sense of regret
As I have lived through life on my own very terms
The experiences are as unique as the distinction between sugar and salt
As the wave of life completes a full cycle, I pray the journey never halts

No comments: