Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Final Escapade

I thought of running away from the pulls and pressures of this heartless mortal world
I could walk no more than a couple of yards before I was pulled back by the directionless herd

I thought that I can stay away from hospitals and avoid the misery and agony of the daily pain
I could not avoid sickness that stayed back at my home and contributed to ill-health and loss of gain

I thought I could proactively avoid people who demonstrated the highest levels of negative attitude
I could not turn them away from my door when they attacked in pairs and tested my levels of fortitude

I thought I could avoid interaction with folks who in this life had done little beyond listing their demand
I could do little beyond wearing an arm band voicing my protest when my life began to go out of hand

I thought I will be the change that I seek in this world and set out with high levels of idealistic outlook
I realized that every man in this world will undertake course correction on facing his own road block

I thought I should share my set of experiences and provide feedback to others about their behaviour
I realized that man loves praise but does not like others to point out perceived flaws in their armour

I thought I could be open and transparent about my inner-world with those who I considered close
I realized the world to be an opaque place and it does not take much for one to literally come to blows

I thought that I could share my deeper desires and voice out my point of view on areas of change
I realized the value of silence in maintaining sanity and limiting extent of damage within a set range

I thought that I could also expect help from the same people to whom I selflessly rendered support
I realized that one may be on a set of crutches yet has no right to expect help while defending his fort

I thought that I could persuade others to live an independent life and learn to live an enriching life
I realized that I could do little to influence others when they had no desire to let go a life of strife

I realized that I may have expected my universe to comprise of events filling it with a set colour
I recognized that one needs inner wisdom to sustain a fulfilling life beyond shield of external valour

I realized that what was seen and what was reality may have been as different as sugar and salt
I realized that was the ways of the world and Nature exhibited variety and it was no one’s fault

I realized that there was no escape but to live and stand up for your own set of values and belief
I recognized that one should let go of any expectations of desiring others to turn a new leaf

I realized that one needs to only stand up to your own conscience and internal probes and scrutiny
I understood that the seeker of truth needs to surrender and lets nature direct the flow and wisely avoids mutiny!

1 comment:

NUBONIHIVE said...

In my humble opinion, this is one of your best pieces till date. It sums up the essence of Karma and Bhagwat Geeta.

Thank you for your timely thoughts. As you keep writing these poems they seem to be tagging along with my life's situation and circumstances.

"I realized that man loves praise but does not like others to point out perceived flaws in their armour

I thought I could be open and transparent about my inner-world with those who I considered close
I realized the world to be an opaque place and it does not take much for one to literally come to blows

I thought that I could share my deeper desires and voice out my point of view on areas of change
I realized the value of silence in maintaining sanity and limiting extent of damage within a set range

I thought that I could also expect help from the same people to whom I selflessly rendered support
I realized that one may be on a set of crutches yet has no right to expect help while defending his fort"

These lines are so true and apply in our everyday life. Exercising these in our daily lives is the biggest challenge. The one that diligently practices these and lives by these lines will be at peace with himself. It took me a long time in life to get to understand this but I am slowly and steadily getting it. And there is a sense of calmness and detachment as I continue to live by these lines of late.