Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Special



My Dear Mother, just your presence makes the day itself very special
It brings back all the memories that we enjoyed when you were fit and well
The efforts you have taken at every stage to instil in right values and conduct
The moments when our actions and behaviour may have led you to silently fret

The school picnics and follow-up with teachers on extra measures of caution
The annual vacations and travels to native place and beyond were absolute fun
The chanting of hymns and prayers together with stories sensitized us on our culture
The practice of eating and feeding us together helped us to learn to share and nurture

The annual practice of making pickles and rice papadum ensured we got out of our cage
The lessons provided on preparing food at home provided us experience at an early age
The extra discount that we got since vendors used to come home and say you were a lucky charm
The annual pickling of raw mangoes, lemon, tamarind and berries got us exposed to nature’s farm

It was not easy that you worked and had to come home to see me often sick and down with fever
You never lost time in getting me to our doctor and whose pills promptly brought down the shiver
There were times when I injured myself badly and required stitches all over and plenty of rest
You were always there and now I realize that your endurance may have been put to the highest test

You had to delicately balance work and home and I always looked forward to you coming from work
Every day you brought home some delicacy and I used to pounce on it like a hungry shark
I used to wait for the weekend when I could see you at home the entire day and not just after dark
I was ignorant of your challenges when I used to insist you stay back at home and not go to work


The visit to the temples and celebration of festivals at home was always joyful and memorable
The train travels with books and food thrown in was a package that was joyful and irresistible
The stories with co-passengers and exchange of books and purchase of souvenirs at every shop
The short visits at various destinations was interesting and I looked forward to the next stop

The bathing of the elephants was respectful and feeding the giraffe provided a sense of admiration,
The sight of crocodiles and reptiles from close quarters provided a sense of nature’s appreciation
The visits to parks and sanctuaries at an early age exposed us to nature’s beauty and abundance
The stories woven around nature made me respect and nurture it every bit without any pretence

The time has moved on and we have evolved over time in terms of our biological age & brain
I just desire that I could go back in time and reset the clock to be a child and see you young again
It hurts to see you getting older and sick and getting constrained due to a medical condition
I fervently hope that there can be a miracle and I can see you living a life without limitation

The Universe runs at its own pace and terms and we all learn with age, experience and time
I can now relate to what you may have sacrificed to bring me up when you were in your prime
I always remember and relate to what you had done at every stage of our life evolution
I try to recreate what I had seen you do and how you would have done if you were now in action

I can say with humility that I have been taught to respect all and not lead a life of pretension
I can say with surety that I owe my life to your selfless love, aspiration and nature’s role in creation
I can say with honesty that you inspired me to dream and think big with your pragmatic narration
I can say with pride that I owe my life to your own sense of determination and utmost dedication!


HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY AND LET EVERY DAY BE A CELEBRATION! MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE VERY BEST IN LIFE AT ALL TIMES. LOTS OF LOVE AND KISSES TO MY DEAR MOM!

No comments: