Friday, May 21, 2010

Challenge

It started with my farewell party and my colleagues were wishing me all the very best
I seemed to be on a professional high and felt a sense of pride and there was a halo on my crest
I had taken up a new assignment which as per my assessment presented a new set of challenges
I looked forward to leave behind my footprints on the sands of time that always weathers change

I had made all the necessary analysis about the role and the aspirations of my new organization
I had done a detailed background check on the credentials and values of my new found attraction
I had defined outcomes to be achieved with phased timelines to demonstrate my own initiative
I looked forward to let the world know about a man on a mission exhibiting high levels of self drive

I had the wisdom to take a break from work before focusing on my new sense of priorities
It seemed that Nature had willed that the break was essential for me to understand humanity
I had a broad picture when I made my case to take up an assignment with skills yet untested
I discovered that skills also develops beyond conditioned environment even when you are rested

I had defined my learning outcomes as arising from a logical extension of my taking a series of steps
I never realized that I could be pushed into situations that forces me to find my way yet get a grip
I thought that everything should flow as per a defined plan with the timelines within my control
I realized that one needs to open the inner eye to truly understand Nature and its preordained role

I was subjected to a hectic pace and made to race around to meet the need of the present
I was ridiculed for even thinking about the next moment when there were strong under-currents
I never knew that I will get exposed to an inner side of me that had yet to be exposed to the world
I never knew that I will have no control on time or my instinctive reaction when exposed to the wild

I discovered the limited vision that I had when I had planned to take up a new assignment
I had made decisions based on my assessment of my strengths and my own temperament
I had thought I exhibited traces of maturity when I had made series of contingent plans
My frailties got literally exposed when I was pushed neck deep in the waters in the eye of a storm

It was not the most pleasant feeling when you are ripped apart amidst efforts to toe your cart
It was not the best experiences to savour when you are alone and have to face hearts of stone
It was not easy to hold back emotions when exposed to means people follow to close their eyes
It was not a time when I could wait for the optimal moment to act or even better change my course

The circumstances that I was exposed to needed me to dance to a different beat in the midst of fury
The tools of scenario planning seemed to be of no use as scenes constantly changed without a worry
The insights on PESTEL/SWOT Analysis or even plain common sense did not find merit with the jury
The profound wisdom was uncovering my true essence and the reality is that now I am in no hurry!

No comments: