Saturday, May 1, 2010

On a Tight Leash

As I stepped out into the Universe my umbilical cord was forever cut
It was my first experience of facing the knife when other doors were shut
I was on my own and all I could do was cry and howl about my pain
It was my way of communicating to the world calling attention to my condition

As I gradually settled down and adapted to the ways of the world
I observed that each one was busy trying to control their life flood
I would have liked if others spent more time providing love and affection
I realize that so does each one feel when he feels alone living a life of isolation

I had my share of challenges and it seemed an uphill task to fulfil
Many a time I seemed to be drained out and doing things against my will
There were times when I felt like closing out by taking the ill advised pill
I can’t fathom my reason to exist when all of life seemed to be on a stand still

And then came a day when I realized that all of it is a play of the mind
What we focus on becomes our reality as we live out the illusory grind
There can never be a situation that may be better or worse in the future
One lives a fruitful existence when he remains peaceful despite any rupture

It just opened up a new reality and gave me the strength and endurance
I could face up to my realities and all I had to was change my own lens
I no longer had any kind of expectations from any others outside of me
I knew that the divine was guiding me towards my ultimate goal of being free!

No comments: