Sunday, May 16, 2010

Give Up Your Anger

As I lazily woke up from my bed the sun-rays began its daily ritualistic glare
It was enough for me to let loose my emotions and let the world hear my blare
As if the morning ringing of the bell by the milkman and the paper man was not less enough
The security guards were buzzing me for permission to let the courier man deliver his stuff

I very intentionally wanted to just laze and take a much needed break from daily chore
It was very upsetting that the external environment strangled me in its hold all the more
I just wanted to speak to my close family and friends letting them know I exist and do truly care
It was so frustrating to see every man flying around in his orbit not realizing the eventual tear

As I boiled the milk and I set up the toaster preparing for my first feed of the day
I got a call on the phone and the speaker on the other side hurled abuses my way
I did not know what had hit me or why was I subjected to a treatment like a door mat
The milk had enough and decided it was free to overflow beyond boundaries I had cast

As if cleaning up the mess was not less work, the toaster contributed by burning the bread
My emotions flew and I was sure that it would reflect the impulse of a raging bull on seeing red
I put on the music system hoping to hear to some classical music to soothe my jarring nerves
Imagine my feelings as I put on the power the energy company initiated the maintenance drive

The climate was seething hot and even the breeze seemed to be enjoying an extended holiday
If anything could go wrong, it was happening and good old Murphy’s Law had found its way
Imagine my shock when I thought of having a shower, thought of saving water and opened the tap
Water flowed down in a trickle, my tank was empty and this was another problem landing on my lap


I had no food, was stinking, feeling miserable, temperature soared and anger took centre stage
God save the man who may happen to cross my path and like the mad elephant I may show my rage
Thoughts were shooting across from all directions and irritation and frustration were on a roll
I seemed to provide the fertile soil for them to sow their seeds and enjoy the fruits of their toil

It seemed the Lord was having a silent chuckle at my lack of maturity to maintain my balance
I seemed to be on a free fall and I was not able to handle all this much confusion erupting at once
There was a sudden roar akin to the mighty lion and the shower rained water calming my head
It was the much needed respite that triggered the reflection on habits that I had to consciously shed

I realized how each of the events of the day though small in nature had acquired a huge stature
It was my mental thoughts that contributed to me raising mountains of nothing and adopt a posture
I had not the luxury of time to think and analyze and plan on a strategy to steadily give up my Anger
In my self-interest and of Universe at large I had no right to subject them to evil reflecting Danger

The best time was now and the best choice was to always stay calm when under pressure
One may face difficult circumstances but to be effective one need to maintain composure
The external environment may trigger events but one should not erupt in a chain reaction
To be objective and unbiased and yet remain cool and giving my mind some rest seemed to be the ultimate magic potion!

1 comment:

Venu Bohini said...

Nice summation of the plight of an individual's daily rigmarole. I couldn't help but chuckle and amuse at how your day (if it was not fiction) went by!! Calmness and composure under pressure comes naturally to you and you spreading this message to others is a good way to lead by example.