Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hint of Emotion

A life on the frills with an ounce of thrill
As one goes for the kill by following the daily drill
As one would like to just gaze at the open sky
As it seems to reach out in an embrace and dissolve my cries

The silence within although not without a sigh
The depth of thought that just seems to go nowhere
The journey that seems to be coiled up in a maze
The hope of a more stable day seems to be miles away

The pangs of hunger makes me go down under
The need to quench my thirst and not a drop around
The legs go weak as I wander for the truth that I seek
The surreal world seems to reflect its optical illusion

The truth around me seems to paint a starker reality
The endless wait for a moment of everlasting glory
The need to establish my identity and retain my sanity
As I need to ensure that my values retain their sanctity

I need to imagine and not just gaze into the crystal
As I wonder about a tomorrow where I see no sorrow
The attractions float around me weakening my resolve
The core stands out as a rock stable without a block

The need to act and not put up an act
The need to fight back and not just develop a crack
The need to nurture and create a different future
Letting loose the past baggage of emotion seems the only cure

The subtle difference between the push and the pull
The challenges of the moment that seems just a pretense
The uncertainty of the future as distinct from the past
All seems history as there echoes the final silence from the blast

No comments: