Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blocks and Delays

Many of us at various points have experienced various forms of irritating blocks and delay
The context may have varied but the emotions are similar and always come home to stay
One may like to let go the negative feelings associated with memories you prefer to let go
One may make resolutions but akin to an unwelcome guest it hangs on impacting your vow

One may relate to traffic snarls and jams that affects your movement and slows you down
One may relate to network traffic that does not let you make that vital call making you frown
One may relate to network server going down just when you are waiting for the closing data
One may relate to having to encounter ailments just when you thought you were ready to sail

One may relate to getting the new job offer late when you had decided to put in the papers
One may relate to your bank closing shutters just when you had to make the final payment
One may relate to visitors calling delaying your visit to the market to shop for the grocery
One may relate to people you totally trusted not fulfilling their commitments when in need

One may relate to people coming late for the meeting especially when you had them nonstop
One may relate to state of farmers when rains came in late that adversely impacted their crop
One may relate to state of film producers when their release gets delayed impacting cash flow
One may relate to citizen’s emotions when their elected representatives results do not show

One may relate to not being able to procure the relevant books in time for your final exams
One may relate to not getting the crucial guidance in time that may avoid your facing a storm
One may relate to your own people letting you down just when you needed them the most
One may relate to your energy falling just when you were on the last mile en route the post

One may relate to just missing the tiger after traversing for miles for that one elusive look
One may relate to getting all items except one for the special meal that you planned to cook
One may relate to your sticking to the itinerary when the weather desired to have a change
One may relate to you laze around in the sun when the clouds arrived and made you cringe

One may relate to your flight not getting the permission to land and going around in circles
One may relate to you having an early meeting and not landing in office early as per plan
One may relate to you having to follow up with others for an update that they had committed
One may relate to creating back-up plans that failed to operate making you look dim-witted

It appears there are limited things that one can do when we are faced with blocks and delays
One can try to minimize its incidence and plan for the best & worst case scenario every day
One needs to accept and acknowledge there are factors beyond our control that does operate
One needs to learn to stay calm under pressure when environmental factors alter our fate!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am fresh from an irritating block of suffering from fever for the last couple of days and cancelling my travel plans.

It is irritating to take the series of pathological tests that turned out inconclusive.

Only if I was in better health could I have atleast enjoyed the holiday! And here, I am seemingly causing pain to my family, though they seem to be putting it up with a smile!

I really don't know how to stay calm in these moments. Any tips will help........Ranjeet

NUBONIHIVE said...

Ranjeet....Sorry you are not feeling well. I wish and pray that you have speedy recovery.

One thing that usually works for me is some good, sound sleep. When I am stressed, burnt out, edgy, irritated good old "Sleep" does wonders to my mind and body. Not sure if that will work for you (especially given you have fever) but give it a shot.

A few other tips:
a.) Watch movies (at home) that inspire you. I am taking the liberty to recommend a few:
a.) Lean on me
b.) Remember the Titans
c.) Coach Carter
d.) The Scent of a Woman
e.) Rudy

b.) Read a light book that catches your attention and holds your imagination.

Hope this helps...

Anonymous said...

Hi Nubonihive

I guess this may be a nick name that you may have adopted to keep your identity secret in this virtual world. May be wrong, just guessing, since I found this name to be very intriguing. Many of my friends in the IT world do this regularly.

Anyways thanks for your best wishes. I am back on my feet. Though when I have leisure time, will explore some of your recommended movies. I don't know though about one - since my engagement, my fiancee does not let me think of another woman, what to say scent another woman :-)

Have a wonderful day

Ranjeet

NUBONIHIVE said...

Ranjeet...you are right on the money in my reasoning for using this nickname. Although the creative credit should go to the publisher of this blog in coming up with this name.

Since you are engaged it's all the more important for you to watch "The Scent of a Woman". Al Pacino would give you some cool little tips in polishing off your "Romantic Skills".

Post engagement and Pre marriage are the best times for a relationship (that's what I and wife feel). Enjoy and cherish these moments. Since we are talking about the subject of engagement (and thereby romance and love) here are a few movies you may want to watch along with your fiance. Note that I am a big fan of Meg Ryan and am hence recommending her movies.

a.) Sleepless in Seattle
b.) When Harry met Sally
c.) French Kiss
d.) You got mail

Enjoy!!

P.S. Maybe you may want to use an alias while you are on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Buddy.

I realize that. The other day we were just chatting up on the same.

Ours is an arranged marriage. We consciously decided to keep a larger gap between our engagement and marriage to help us understand each other better.

Yet, it gets difficult to make time due to work pressures. I guess it only gets worse after marriage, and each partner takes the other one for granted!

You seem to possess a liberal outlook wherever you are based out of.

I guess you know the publisher of this blog personally. I just chanced upon while surfing online. There were some interesting thoughts that made me visit it a couple of times.

I am relatively a more private person and take my time in developing a relationship.

Have a nice day.

Cheers....Ranjeet