Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Paradox of a Fall

I was walking along the beach when all of a sudden I was witness to a coconut fall
I truly thanked god that it was not my head but the wet sand that could endure the fall
I was walking in the public garden along the parking lot when I again saw a coconut fall
This time it was on a parked vehicle and its owner was highly enraged and got into a brawl

I was catching up on the market scenario and the bulls were highly unhappy with the free fall
I thanked my financial planner for advising me to divest my portfolio and me heeding his call
I was looking up at exchange rates quoted by banks and observed that the rupee had a fall
I was expecting a couple of export orders and hoped that this may trigger them to take a call

I had gone to buy my weekly vegetables and happily noted that it had triggered a price fall
The major cause was the weather and the more than expected quota of seasonal rainfall
The shower in the catchment areas ensured that the corporation was not up against a wall
The traders unhappy with the price fall were yet happy with rising volumes not taking a toll

The elections were round the corner and the contestants were busy with the upcoming poll
They busy schedules were filled up with hourly meetings beseeching voters to heed their call
They committed to build the best of infrastructure facilities and heed the final wake-up call
They promised to build a future different from the past and ensure all citizens have a ball

I went to the jungles to have a respite from city life and rest in the laps of Mother Nature
I come across a group of Monkeys and Spotted Deer together who gave me a quick glance
The Deer stood up on their hind legs and nibbled the foliage and had the occasional scramble
It was a joy to see the Monkeys drop the leaves from the tree for the waiting deer to nibble

I then came across a group of flowering trees that had surrounded itself with its own flowers
It seemed to want to create moments that it could treasure and yet secure its ultimate future
The view of bed of flowers that it was resting on was priceless moments of joy and pleasure
One could never imagine timing such magical moments that had effectively no measure

I then went further in the wild and happened to observe a pair of predatory birds in the sky
As was their habit they were scouting for prey and leveraging their strengths by flying high
I suddenly happened to observe one of them rapidly descend at a pace and going for the kill
I never had imagined that a bird could drop at such a pace and I literally stood standstill

I got back and reflected on the day gone by right from the coconut and markets that had a fall
I thought about poll contestants to Nature’s creations each for survival getting into a brawl
I thought about the wise tree that had its seed spread to improve the possibility of its growth
I suddenly realized that every fall has something to savour that could be the ultimate antidote!

No comments: