Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Storm Passes

It just seemed to be the start of another normal day
Little was I to know the upcoming challenges in the fray
The horizon turned dark and the clouds turned a shade of grey
It was just the start of a nightmare that made me fervently pray

The dark clouds seemed to have tuned into a permanent station
The heavy showers seemed to strike me to a lull in any action
The lightning and thunderbolts seemed to enjoy the art of suction
Whatever little courage and resilience I had seemed to have lost traction

Was it just my imagination or was it happening to all
The gloom that descended seemed to erect a dead wall
The sad story that afflicted me was not really my call
My internals were churned inside out and I was on a free fall

I craved for a new beginning, even a new look and start to my day
I began to count my blessings even if a hidden needle in a stack of hay
The fervent remembrance of a past that now seemingly was full of grace
I just yearned to enjoy peaceful moments of joy without being in the race

The eternal conflict between desire and acceptance
The conflicting messages between free choice and destiny
The internal division between being driven and going with the flow
I understood the true difference between sunlight and reflected glow

As I began to look at life anew I began to truly observe
The smaller details of life get visible as the slope curves
The hidden meaning comes packaged in various forms
One needs to keep the company of wise and stop being forlorn

As I consciously decided to let go my bad memories from the past
The green fields embraced me beckoning with opportunities vast
The sun shone back loud and bright signalling the end of despair
Life seemed to have turned full cycle and I earned my spot in the fair!

1 comment:

Venu Bohini said...

A timely post that aptly sums up my current situation. I am at a fork, wherein I need to make certain choices and decisions. The emotional pulls of the past and the unknown future causes a lot of trauma on the present...that's for sure. I have been in this situation for a few months now and it's time the storm passes (or rather I let it pass) by arriving at some definitive choices. I am listening to my inner voice and shall proceed with a decision that is inline with it.