Friday, April 9, 2010

A Planned Sabbatical

It was the plan that I have been toying with for last couple of years
A step that I could not earlier take due to my increasing and haunting fears
Today as I am more confident, assured and at peace with my self
I realize that each of us is responsible for putting our expiry date on the shelf

We get pushed into an environment where others have the final say
They decide the metrics and evaluation criterion and ask us to join the play
If you realized you were different from the herd and put on a rebel act
It was not long before you got ostracized and had to eventually sign the pact

In the simulated environment with external forces at work
We put on a mask and try to fake our very best impression
It is not long before we begin to sense the gradual discomfort
Sooner than later we will all realize the futility of putting up an act

I gradually understood that the people in the world were not perfect as they claimed
It took time though to uncover the mask and facade and capture the true impression
I had to let go of all my preconceived beliefs and all perceptions fed over the ages
It was time I broke loose and not just live on the fringes feeding on what I could salvage

I realized that you are only answerable to self, and all other characters come and play their part
It does not mean that you forget and surrender your identity and not listen to your heart
A future awaited me that I wished to envision, think and co-create
A new world order that valued me where I would no longer oscillate


I needed to find my space and my place in this Universe
I had a deep thirst for knowledge and the Ultimate Truth
I wanted a break away from the crowd and discover myself in Solitude
Taking a Sabbatical and undertaking meditation is just the start to find my right altitude!

1 comment:

Venu Bohini said...

Looks like we are sailing in the same boat!!