Thursday, April 1, 2010

Watch Your Weight

Spring season is back and there is a chirpy feel in the air
It is no wonder that one may feel like gorging in the fair
But truth better told heavy eaters kindly hear and beware
Junk food beyond indulgence will not really have a sense of care

As you begin to feel an uncanny sense of weariness
Your lethargic approach is a function of your heaviness
You have consciously ignored the calories adding to your weight
There is still time that you can be proactive and alter your fate

One may like to be nostalgic and remember the days without girth
It may not feel long that you never had to answer the nosy quirks
One may feel a sense of agony at destiny being especially unkind
Especially the genetically blessed ones that you seem to uncannily find

Just imagine and visualize yourself as a more energetic and fitter person
You do not have to satisfy others nor provide others any valid reason
You know your body better than any so called expert
Just reciprocate the respect so as not to get a sense of hurt

It is better to be proactive and focus on what you can do
A fitness regime suiting your style that you are equipped to handle
A relook on your diet in terms of quantity,quality and timeliness of intake
Can be the turning point to reverse back the clock on your functional age

It may call for discipline and a change of your ingrained habits
It may need teaming up with folks trying to also shed their bit
It may need a high level of patience and persistence
It is not always that you willingly subject to scrutiny under the lens

As you give yourself time you may be in for a welcome surprise
The image in the mirror is not a mirage and you really look nice
The raised eyebrows that you now seem to more often attract
You seem to have recovered your self esteem as seen from your impact!

2 comments:

Manish Amanna said...

Hmmm.. I think I can vouch for the same considering that I have indeed seen a 'transformed you' lately...all d best buddy..
Manish

Venu Bohini said...

I am so glad that my wife has not gone through this. As if the running commentary at home (siblings, wife, parents, in-laws) is not good enough, now I need to deal with this on your blog!!

I used to cite your example stating that I still have a long way to go. But if you start gymming like this and my sloth and laziness continues, the only solution is who should I use as my guinea pig and abdicate myself of guilt!!

On a separate note though, I am mighty impressed on the positive changes you are bringing in to your life style. I have been talking about it for months/years now and may be you would be the inspiration I need to start acting rather than thinking/talking.