Sunday, April 11, 2010

Travel from Birth to Death

I expressed a desire to my lord that this vacation I wished to visit Planet Earth
I had done all the research and knew that there was only one entry and one exit point
The tremendous demand to explore and experience made this location a hot spot
One’s luck and good fortune determined the ease of obtaining the visa and period of stay

As I did the ground work I rolled out a poll trying to connect with others on a similar itinerary
As I understood the embassy folks were tight lipped and desired each to have a welcome surprise
It was only on arrival that one could connect with travellers at various points of journey completion
The challenge was to identify known faces behind the new names and masks that one had to wear

As in most sojourns the experiences are a mixed bag of sweet and sour memories
Each succeeding sequence of events either inspires faith or makes you a chronic worrier
But as they say bees get attracted to honey and a lotus floats peacefully on water
Sooner than later souls that interact on their journey will discover a common connection

As the journey goes through various phases and the planned agenda comes to an end
Most find the eventual call to depart comes sooner than one would like one’s stay to end
To fellow travellers on their visit the departure terminal and exit date comes unannounced
Those who know their time is up are glad to find their way back home to complete tasks undone!

2 comments:

Venu Bohini said...

Looks like getting a Visa to Planet Earth is no different from getting a visa to the US!! Loads of luck and good fortune over qualifications!! The more I think about the universe the more things seem to be the same all around. The good lord seems to be busy and a model of duplication seemed to be the easy way out...Or is he finding his way through the jungle? Or is he yet to come out of his procrastination zone? Or is he on a planned sabbatical? Or is it me having Great Expectations? Well, I hope I got time to hit the departing gate. These will be questions I will carry with me then...

Nature is smiling said...

The wise seers advocate that you better start reflecting on the bigger picture and the time for that is here and now.

It is only when you postpone things, that life seems to have sped by.

To each one his pace and need to find his space
The need to find balance is just not akin to clicking the lens
Periodic takes and retakes helps one find his place in the sun
History will stand testimony to means adopted to get tasks done!

Cheers.....