Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation

The wait was finally over and it was time to take off on my vacation
A plan in waiting to test the waters and bask in the sun,
Riding the sand dunes and climb the frosty mountains
Lose myself amidst the eerie silence of the wild forest terrain

I never realized when I left behind the final remnants of human civilization
As I got immersed and lost myself admiring Nature’s wonders of creation
The flora and fauna all seemed to unite under the full moon starry night
It seemed they were taunting me at my choice to live an urban miserly plight

As the sun showered its gracious ray, rainbows seemed to reflect on the curvaceous horizon
Driving into the mountainous terrain, the alleys and the valleys seemed to reflect peace and quiet
The avian species personified the essence of freedom when you do not carry any baggage
The ice and ragged stone seemed to sculpt together wonders of marvel that knew no parallel

As I raced amidst the sand dunes of the hot and arid desert that seemed to stretch for miles
It seemed such a wonder to discover islands of prosperity reflecting full bloom and greenery
The water in all its glory reflecting shine and sparkle seemed to forever beckon
It radiated enthusiasm aspiring to convey the tricks of the trade to survive amidst the spin

I hardly got time to absorb the change in scenery from the abundance of sand to that of water
As I plunged into the depths of the ocean it was only befitting that I shared space with the coral and the otter
As the calm and soothing waters refreshed and recharged the cells within my body,
It was pure delight to share space swimming with the sharks with no particular eye on anybody

It was time and I had to rise up and head back to the beckoning shore
Time had flown past and I had to now connect back with my daily chore
As I seemed to bake in the sun with my feet getting submerged in the sand
It seemed to capture the essence of the moment when one gets lost in the daily grind

I can vouch for the fact that time had just flown past
I had covered territories and terrains diverse and vast
As I look back with fond memories of the not so distant past
I hope fervently for many more enriching moments to forever last!

No comments: